Granny's gone and done it again

You should ask to look at your left also. Sometimes they concentrate on where the problem was and don’t take a good look at the other side.
The radiologist will look at it and send results to my Dr. and I get a thing in the mail telling my results. She did the same imaging on both sides. Equal smushing. 🥴

You'd love it out here then Granny. Four legged and two legged things are always in the road here and every time you crest a hill you don't know what you will encounter. Goats in the road? Yep, Stop by the Amish Goat Dairy and tell the kids to go round up their goats. Horse loose? Yep, tried to coax it to come home with me. Didn't fall for it. Peacocks? Yep. If you find a peacock in the road it's generally because the Amish owner has a lot of sons and they are starting to court a prospective bride. When a young man declares his intentions he gives the girl a peacock tail feather.

Pigs. Almost hit a 400 pound at least sow in the road one day. If I had I would have been taking home the bacon for sure.

One day was out in the yard with DH and here came an angus cow strolling down the road. Just ambling along looking around. I looked at DH and said 'Now that's something you don't see every day'. She strolled by and disappeared from sight. I still wonder where she was heading and what she was looking for.

Not long after we moved in we were outside and heard horse hooves coming down the gravel road. Lots of them. Suddenly a herd of about 30 horses come thundering down the road being followed by a couple of Amish cowboys on horseback that were driving them along. They swerved and started up our driveway. When that happened I jumped up and down, clapped my hands and said 'FOR ME?' to my DH. They weren't for me. Drats.

Funniest was the day I was driving down the blacktop, crested a hill and encountered a flock of about 50-75 guineas strolling down the road like they owned it. Squawking their way to god knows where. I finally had to honk the horn so I could get them to split so I could proceed but I must have crept along behind them for a quarter of a mile laughing my head off at them.

Only in Missouri? Never been t-boned by a walking T-Bone yet so I guess not.
Here they would be slaughter and eaten.

1640905270008.png

Here they would be slaughter and eaten.
Is that akin to the shoot shovel and shut up saying?;)

The Amish are for the most part, good folks but they have strange ways. When we moved in the middle of this community we asked somebody if they had any advice for us and they said, yeah, if you have goats or cows make sure they can't get out because if they get in with and Amish herd you will never see them again.

We've had Amish here more than once asking 'Hey hev ye seen a steer in yur pasture or timber? We got one thet's loose and we be lookin fer it.' Ummmm no but if we see one, we will drop a rope around it's neck and drag it home.

More than once I have said to my husband, or tie it up behind the barn and see how fast we can get it to the processors......

I also swear that if I see a black horse tied up in the July sun one more time I'm gonna either turn it loose, bring it home or lead it over to the water tank, let it drink then tie it up in the shade. My dad was born in Berks county PA and raised amid the Pennsylvania Duetch. He could speak the language and was a horseman. I swear his ashes are whipping around in their grave at the thought of the way they treat their animals.

Back
Top Bottom