Granny's gone and done it again

if this offends any one let me know and I will remove it BUT pretty much my attitude today.

419358655_7278156212204673_3117851917268567693_n.jpg

Last edited:
Star keeps bring in frozen turds and when she figures out that they are NOT rocks she leaves them laying around. The rocks she deposits into the toilet occasionally. :he

I have both of the house thermostats cranked as high as they will go and still only about 70 or 72 in the house. I need a cannibal stew pot to crawl into to warm up.

Vicki has one of those newer fangled cars. With push start well her brake pedal is frozen so she can't start her car. I need to go out and plug in the farm truck aka Blue.
Man never had my brake pedal freeze!! Yikes. Though below -40 strange things do happen to cars…I know below -27°c my clutch would get stiff as all get out on the derp, and -40 my poor Volvo just wasn’t happy - things did feel funky iirc until got some heat through the engine…
bet the utility company's are laughing all the way to the bank this week.
Yep. Especially with the push to go all electric no natural gas.
You should at least get free healthcare.
Well. I do but that’s cause hubs’ work takes care of its minions.
Ditto my sister-in-law is Canadian. She has her green card which is actually pink in color.
Ooo. Mines got some green to it ;) funny how it changes depending on when it was issued. (Though I honestly don’t know how many other than my own that I come across are legit…)
I know that. Got one like that too. Was just thinking about how CA is relentlessly pushing the EVs, but I wouldn't trust one in a Tahoe winter.

Used to be you could fix your own car with a few basic tools. Not so anymore.
Nope. Nope nope nope. Apparently they have battery heaters but…you’re using so much juice to keep your juice warm????
Hugs, be careful lifting. It will be worth the effort in the end.
When did you quit your job?
Haven’t yet. They know about it. And I probably will continue working for them in a contractual basis (not as an employee) post move. Just easier with payroll taxes since I know we ain’t doing it right for out of state employees - so if they 1099 me I can handle that myself.
That isn’t the problem. The problem is our electric grid can’t support everyone charging their cars.
Nope. My friends in Calgary have been getting emergency alerts like our flex alerts with how cold it’s been and the demand on the system. Odd thing is they tell you to microwave instead of using the stove. Microwaves are so thirsty though!!!!
MY brother finally got on Face book. I think he looks like Dirty Jobs -Mike Rowe in this pic.
View attachment 3725609
I can see it. And I confess I saw the previous meme before and thought of you ;)

Packing up is mostly done. Moved into the motorhome for tonight. Just gonna camp out here until it’s time to leave. (Yay “free” laundry and full sized shower)

Motorhome is chaos right now but…hopefully I’ll get it sorted. Will be some sorting and reorganizing over the next wee bit methinks.

Kira’s settling in nicely. Poor girl has been pretty neglected lately - just toss her outside while we pack and move and everything but she’s rolling with it. She’s tired tonight though - moved her head over from when she was sleeping and was just drinking while she was lying down lol.
IMG_3684.jpeg
IMG_3685.jpeg

hot water in the kitchen sink still froze up.

Did make it to Mass today. glad I wore thermal long johns and socks.

I think I might try and get to Menard's tomorrow and pick up a heat gun for the pipe, Just have to be careful I don't melt the soder on the pipe.
My hot water line in the kitchen sink would always freeze when it hit -40. I’d be poop outta luck until things warmed up

Back
Top Bottom