Greenfire Farms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all do know NYREDS is a highly respected and very experienced APA judge right? Not like it's just an opinion he's spouting off.

I raise 12 different rare breeds and not a single breed is recognized by the APA. So how can someone judge rare birds their organization doesn't even recognize? Until the breed is a recognized standard, everything and everyone's opinions are just that, opinions.

Quote:
We have splurged on GFF birds several times but mostly wait on a good deal. I did pay a bit of money for Bantam Chocolate Orps and my Coronations. We love our birds and know they are not perfect but still ours.

Those Blue Columbian Brahmas are really pretty. Do you know if their lines come from Europe and do any have vulture hocks?

@NYREDS I agree with you, beauty is in the eye on the beholder. But while you look at those birds and see "junk", the OP looks at those birds and see pretty chickens. Nothing wrong with that.

It bothers me a great deal, when I read comments like yours. Not everyone of the 235,424 members of this forum are going to keep birds that meet the standard. Very, very few of those members are going to start out with show quality birds and learn the ropes with valuable birds. Not everyone can afford to buy birds of such quality and not everyone wants to. Some may not want to show and simply want a few hens for eggs, some simply want a few birds for meat, some can not buy birds of show quality because there is none available where they live, so they make do with what they've got.

This site is called BackYardChickens. This site is for everyone who loves poultry. Everyone's welcome, from APA judges and Master breeders to complete newbies just starting out with 3 chicks and buckets full of enthusiasm. A small percentage of those newbies are going to end up showing their birds and breeding to the standard. They will appreciate it if someone with your knowledge and experience can guide them and help them with constructive criticism, if they ask for it.

Please think about this, in future, before you make rude comments about another member's birds, simply because they do not live up to your standards. To each their own? :)

Last edited:
I was thinking about taking a vacation to my home country of Greece and smuggle some Greek chickens eggs back to the U.S.. But if you get caught in the airport you get arrested (it's not worth it the chance plus there's no hiding anymore). If Greenfire can import Greek breed chickens I'll be happy..

Edit:

Getting caught by Greek police.. They wont arrest you, but will hit you with nightsticks till your knocked out then leave you without medical help.

Last edited:
Quote: @NYREDS I agree with you, beauty is in the eye on the beholder. But while you look at those birds and see "junk", the OP looks at those birds and see pretty chickens. Nothing wrong with that.

It bothers me a great deal, when I read comments like yours. Not everyone of the 235,424 members of this forum are going to keep birds that meet the standard. Very, very few of those members are going to start out with show quality birds and learn the ropes with valuable birds. Not everyone can afford to buy birds of such quality and not everyone wants to. Some may not want to show and simply want a few hens for eggs, some simply want a few birds for meat, some can not buy birds of show quality because there is none available where they live, so they make do with what they've got.

This site is called BackYardChickens. This site is for everyone who loves poultry. Everyone's welcome, from APA judges and Master breeders to complete newbies just starting out with 3 chicks and buckets full of enthusiasm. A small percentage of those newbies are going to end up showing their birds and breeding to the standard. They will appreciate it if someone with your knowledge and experience can guide them and help them with constructive criticism, if they ask for it.

Please think about this, in future, before you make rude comments about another member's birds, simply because they do not live up to your standards. To each their own?
smile.png

Thank you Sumi. I don't mean to be rude, but this post has been needed for awhile. While I respect NYREDS for his vast knowledge and experience with poultry, I do not respect him for his attitude when posting on BYC. He should share his knowledge kindly, not be rude or nasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote: @NYREDS I agree with you, beauty is in the eye on the beholder. You look at those birds and see "junk, the OP looks at those birds and see pretty chickens. Nothing wrong with that.

Please think about this, in future, before you make rude comments about another member's birds, simply because they do not live up to your standards. To each their own?
smile.png

Thank you Sumi. I don't mean to be rude, but this post has been needed for awhile. While I respect NYREDS for his vast knowledge and experience with poultry, I do not respect him for his attitude when posting on BYC. He should share his knowledge kindly, not be rude or nasty.
It's nothing personal. I just feel that there is place for each of us and we should respect each other and our ways of thinking and doing things. We each have our reasons and personal preferences and tastes and as long as we do right by our birds, treat them well and do no harm, all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom