Greetings From Australia!

ArtieeWithSilkies

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2024
(1) Hello! I have been keeping chickens in my suburban backyard since I was around 9. I started with an older black bantam hen however eventually got two sisters, and after the sisters passed I researched chicken breeds, however didn't get any chickens until two years ago.

(2) I have six chickens right now, five hens one rooster (My neighbours are okay with him). I plan on switching out my rooster, his name is Martin, as he reminds me of an old man due to his leakage. His favourite hens name is Synthie, shes a large recessive white hen. Then I have Sylkie and Pigeondove, they are recessive white hens and related to Martin, I have noticed some chicks being born with odd display toes (Just split at the nail or missing) which is why I plan on switching Martin out. My last two hens are Rosie and Aerogard, they are paints.

(3) All Silkies.

(4) Having some cute sentient pom poms digging up the garden.

(5) Crocheting, fishkeeping, baking and gardening, I'm not very good at gardening though.

(6) I work at a local supermarket near my house and occasionally sell my silkies chicks, though typically give the eggs to my neighbour if there's too many.

(7) Bonus: I lurked in BYC for a while trying to find out why my 'hen' was growing silver streamers, eventually figured out then wondered why my rooster was growing very silver, then why my 'splash' made another and why the chicks were such a light shade of grey.

Back
Top Bottom