Very cool! Have you ever groomed a Leonberger?
Thank goodness no. :lol: I did a few St. Bernards and they were enough for me. With the current interest in doodles I'm glad I no longer groom. It is a physically taxing job.

do you own one? They are formidable looking dogs.

Thank goodness no. :lol: I did a few St. Bernards and they were enough for me. With the current interest in doodles I'm glad I no longer groom. It is a physically taxing job.

do you own one? They are formidable looking dogs.
Yes I have Leonbergers. I drive far away to the only groomer that one of my peers has "trained," how to groom Leo's. Surprisingly they are easier to groom than Newfies and St. Bernards. When I had Newfies (my Dad was a Newfie breeder amongst other things,) I had one groomer tell me she would never do that to her employees again, lol. I get it, it's back breaking. Leo's are pretty special :love

Yes I have Leonbergers. I drive far away to the only groomer that one of my peers has "trained," how to groom Leo's. Surprisingly they are easier to groom than Newfies and St. Bernards. When I had Newfies (my Dad was a Newfie breeder amongst other things,) I had one groomer tell me she would never do that to her employees again, lol. I get it, it's back breaking. Leo's are pretty special :love
Awesome!!!!

Today I bathed willow

I payed for 5 baths at a pet store because it's easier to bathe her in the dog wash plus they have a high velocity dryer.
I still use my shampoos:
Desheding, we have been using fluff off
Whitening, Chris Christiansen
Conditioner, isle of the dogs but I think I'll try a new one once I finish this bottle.

I bathe her at least once a month, or whenever she's especially dirty...she's very active to she gets muddy and sandy.

I try to brush at least once a week, trim nails whenever they need(which isn't very often), brush her teeth when I brush her. I also have paw balm I use when I brush her. I like to keep her pads shaved so I try to do those every 2 weeks, they grow put fast snd she slips a lot if I don't clip it. I really never trim or clip anything else unless there is a matt behind her eats. I clean her ears at least once a week and use ear cleaner when I brush.

She doesn't love grooming but will endure it usually nicely 😅 she hates bathing though

Today I bathed willow

I payed for 5 baths at a pet store because it's easier to bathe her in the dog wash plus they have a high velocity dryer.
I still use my shampoos:
Conditioner, isle of the dogs but I think I'll try a new one once I finish this bottle.

I bathe her at least once a month, or whenever she's especially dirty...she's very active to she gets muddy and sandy.

I try to brush at least once a week, trim nails whenever they need(which isn't very often), brush her teeth when I brush her. I also have paw balm I use when I brush her. I like to keep her pads shaved so I try to do those every 2 weeks, they grow put fast snd she slips a lot if I don't clip it. I really never trim or clip anything else unless there is a matt behind her eats. I clean her ears at least once a week and use ear cleaner when I brush.

She doesn't love grooming but will endure it usually nicely 😅 she hates bathing though
Awesome!!!!

Today I bathed willow

I still use my shampoos:

Interesting. I thought for sure it would be daily brushing with a dog like that. That's great that you can bathe her at the pet store!

Today I bathed willow

I still use my shampoos:

Does once a week keep up with the shedding?
Or does she not shed a lot?

Im brushing Denver every other day. And a light brush on Tucker every other day and there is still so much fur

Back
Top Bottom