Guess the sex: Australorps and Chocolate Orpingtons!

PollyWallyFrog

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2024
Wyoming
So I know it's early for them, I'm just excited and new, so I'd love to hear what ya'll far more knowledgeable folks think! (Forgive the names, I let my 13 and 11 year old name them... they're a menace šŸ˜…)

Dinner and Lunch are 11 weeks old chocolate opringtons, gotten from Bomgaar's (feed store similar to tractor supply). I wasn't told if they were male or female when I bought them.

Cluckles and Cookie are 7 weeks old black australorps, bought from same location as the older two, same day (they were a week old when I got them), was told they were females.

My cousin thinks 3 of the 4 are roos, I'm fairly convinced Dinner is a roo. Being so early, it's more of a fun guessing game with the little ones but still, what do ya'll think?

Attachments

• Cluckles 1.jpg
    Cluckles 1.jpg
    884 KB · Views: 19
  • Cluckles 2.jpg
    Cluckles 2.jpg
    627.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Cookie 1.jpg
    Cookie 1.jpg
    730.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Cookie 3.jpg
    Cookie 3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • Dinner 2.jpg
    Dinner 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • Dinner 3.jpg
    Dinner 3.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Lunch 2.jpg
    Lunch 2.jpg
    762.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Lunch 3.jpg
    Lunch 3.jpg
    739.2 KB · Views: 5
Dinner could be a cockerel, but it's really too close to call. Its comb isn't that big or red, but if the comb keeps growing and coloring up rapidly in the next few weeks, then I would say you have a boy.

None of the others are looking like males to me at this point, but it's still early.

Back
Top Bottom