Guineas - may have some eggs to sell

smoothmule

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Buffalo, Missouri
I have about 20+ guineas and they have free run of the place. We have 40 acres and they have pretty much stayed within our boundries. A couple are trying to next across the road though so I may be raiding the nest and might have some eggs to sell. I've never shipped eggs so I'd need some help to know what to do and where I can and can't ship to.
They will be surprise colors since the flock is mixed: pearls, dark purple, lavender, a buff (my old rooster "Chick" that is about 4 yrs old) and white.

Attached is one of the whites. I think they are both hens and of all the guineas here, they are the friendliest. They follow me around and are the first to come running when I'm out or call them up. These girls are tame enough they peck on the back door and I keep a cup of whole corn by the door to hand feed them. The photo was taken close up, she was at my feet when I was sitting out by the pond.
20Apr08afternoon013.jpg

lol.png
A lot of people feel that way Kurt. We're lucky that we live far enough from any neighbors that we can have out guineas, crowing roosters and braying mammoth donkey jack. Our jack can be heard 2 miles away.

If you would like to send eggs I would love to incubate them, let me know. I love them sooo much. I have a bunch in the bator now bu they are only about 50% fertility with them right now. I am hoping they get better, poor guys have a hard time catching the girls running all over everywhere. Let me know what you would want for them. Jenn

Quote:
My mom would say no because shes so stressed with all the animals we have now. Some of my friends say we have a zoo.

Back
Top Bottom