Happy Hatching's hatch along thread 🐣

What do you know about FBCM ? I meet a gentleman yesterday at Rural King he has French black copper Marans would like to breed his rooster with my black Copper Marans the girls and I are talking View attachment 3744411
What would you like to know exactly?
I know a decent amount, I think. I would be more then happy to help you out, and answer questions.

What would you like to know exactly?
I know a decent amount, I think. I would be more then happy to help you out, and answer questions.
Anything you care to share. This gentleman was pretty excited when he find out I had BCM. Why ?? Would this be a good fit? He was more excited about getting the eggs. Are the BCM rare ? Thanks for your input.

Is she a BCM or French Cooper Marans
1000040163.jpg

Anything you care to share. This gentleman was pretty excited when he find out I had BCM. Why ?? Would this be a good fit? He was more excited about getting the eggs. Are the BCM rare ? Thanks for your input.
So he never got back to us. Oh well, now that I will have an incubator. I ll find my own!

I'm pretty new to the breed myself, actually. I only got my first chicks this week.

I have done a lot of FBCM breeding research though.
So, that being said, are you wanting to know how to breed better quality Marans? Or just things about the breed?

He was most likely excited because you have a different line then he does.
Is he a low-key breeder? (To your knowledge?)

It could be a good fit, just depends on what you think about it, and what you would get in return, (Hatching eggs, a couple pullets, cash, etc) if you want anything in return.

Does your Maran lay pretty dark eggs?

In the U.S.A, yes. They are considered rare according to Google.
They are starting to become a lot less rare though.
I think when the Marans are considered 'rare', is when you find a breeder that has Marans (doesn't matter the color) that are good quality.

I'm pretty new to the breed myself, actually. I only got my first chicks this week.

I have done a lot of FBCM breeding research though.
So, that being said, are you wanting to know how to breed better quality Marans? Or just things about the breed?

He was most likely excited because you have a different line then he does.
Is he a low-key breeder? (To your knowledge?)

It could be a good fit, just depends on what you think about it, and what you would get in return, (Hatching eggs, a couple pullets, cash, etc) if you want anything in return.

Does your Maran lay pretty dark eggs?

In the U.S.A, yes. They are considered rare according to Google.
They are starting to become a lot less rare though.
I think when the Marans are considered 'rare', is when you find a breeder that has Marans (doesn't matter the color) that are good quality.
I really hadn't thought much about it till I met this gentleman he was excited about the girls. I don't know maybe he hasn't read our text he just thought that they were FBCM. Yes they lay very dark brown but they have speckles.

I actually think there's a thread somewhere on here that discusses the breed standard for French BCMs as well. They need to be a certain shape from what I recall.

@Sc_chickengirl take your time updating us! It's a stressful time with your hatch as I have been catching up. Especially with the assists on the sebrights. As for the stickers, I like the rooster with the bunny on top of the egg carton? where the eggs are all eastery and one of them is painted?

Back
Top Bottom