Has anyone tried this feeder?

Genene

Songster
Mar 7, 2022
I found this feeder where the door slides shut to keep mice out at night. Right now I am lifting two 25 lb feeders into a metal trad can at dusk & back out at dawn. This would be a lot easier. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4341.png
    IMG_4341.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
Cost? Even if you put them up at night the rats would still eat during the day and if you don't have rats you will. I'd think that two of those would cost more than a proper treadle feeder.

Condensation happens when the metal item is cooler than the surrounding moist air. Examples are using metal roofing for a roof and not insulating the bottom, drips everywhere. Or an air conditioner duct not insulated in an attic, the hot air hits the cold duct and condenses like mad.

Your feeder is very unlikely to be cooler than the surrounding air. I've sold many thousands of metal feeders, no condensation complaints so far. Perhaps in a barrel where a new bag of feed is dumped, warm feed, cooler barrel, condensation.

Cost? Even if you put them up at night the rats would still eat during the day and if you don't have rats you will. I'd think that two of those would cost more than a proper treadle feeder.

Condensation happens when the metal item is cooler than the surrounding moist air. Examples are using metal roofing for a roof and not insulating the bottom, drips everywhere. Or an air conditioner duct not insulated in an attic, the hot air hits the cold duct and condenses like mad.

Your feeder is very unlikely to be cooler than the surrounding air. I've sold many thousands of metal feeders, no condensation complaints so far. Perhaps in a barrel where a new bag of feed is dumped, warm feed, cooler barrel, condensation.
I have bantams that can’t use a treadle feeder & Silkies who are afraid of anything new. The feeder is like $47.00 so I think I’ll try it. If I ever see a rat I will be contacting a professional exterminator.

So I got the feeder. Love it! Well made & hinges on each side allow you to flip awning down at night. No more lifting 25 lb feeders into metal trash can. It holds a lot of feed & I use a bungee cord around top to secure it to my Omelet wire run although I don’t really think it would tip but better safe than sorry. Just ordered my second feeder like this.

Back
Top Bottom