Since no one guessed #55 and if you all don’t mind my grandpa asked to name it Bella. (Italian for beautiful) so this is possibly baby Bella

#55 has made a decent little hole and is peeping more loudly now. Which made #54 kick real hard. I think we will have two little chickens!! Sometimes today/tomorrow

EF83B301-B76F-467B-9EAA-A801922715B6.jpeg

This is the progress so far. I keep playing chick sounds here and there on my phone and they respond well to it. I’ll play it again in a bit to encourage the egg to zip.

I regret to inform you that they did not make it. I will fix my tenputure for the next batch as I think having it at 100 is what’s causing them to hatch like this. 55 was also trying to hatch without an absorbed yolk and died in shell. 54 was malpositioned. It’s head was in the middle of the egg. And 53 just didn’t make it past day 19. We have 6 at day 16 which should hopefully carry to day 17 and we have 6 in lockdown that night. I’ll be changing the temp closest to 95 97 to see if that helps. Any tips let me know as I’m still new at this.

I regret to inform you that they did not make it. I will fix my tenputure for the next batch as I think having it at 100 is what’s causing them to hatch like this. 55 was also trying to hatch without an absorbed yolk and died in shell. 54 was malpositioned. It’s head was in the middle of the egg. And 53 just didn’t make it past day 19. We have 6 at day 16 which should hopefully carry to day 17 and we have 6 in lockdown that night. I’ll be changing the temp closest to 95 97 to see if that helps. Any tips let me know as I’m still new at this.
☹️ sorry they didn't make it, poor chickies.

(I don't know anything about incubation so can't offer any advice)

I’ve broght the temp down to 99 98 and the 5 eggs go into lockdown tonight.

#s are (I seemed to have missed two egg in my log but that’s alright. They just don’t have log numbers and will be going by lay date.) 13 61 15 63 66

Hollys baby is # 66
Beauty babies are # 13 15 61 63
Take your guesses now and keep your fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom