Hatching Eggs - Journal

Pics
Dog fencing will most likely be the same I put plastic poultry fencing over the dog fencing using tie wraps. This keeps them inside of it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H8YTJI?tag=bravesoftwa04-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&language=en_US just an idea and many come starting at 24" high and you can configure how you want. I have one set up at my Miuscovy house just as a barrier to keep my 2 old ladies [13] safe from my young drake. I am using it as fencing. Maybe look on craigslist for one for sale. I also use them around my pools so the birds only have one way in and out and won't jump off the sides and injure their legs. [Had that happen]View attachment 3946365View attachment 3946369
These are all great ideas and tips! Thankyou

Will definitely look into it. I like the pool idea too! Very smart

I had to learn the hard way they don't always come out the right way lol, so putting fencing around most of it keeps them from jumping from the sides.
I’ve sometimes questioned the pool situation when we watch them get out. Not always graceful. But I’ve never seen anyone talk about it so I wasn’t sure if I was just being dramatic or not lol
Good to know definitely.

Little one is still doing good, the name is Clarice for now lol tis the season

Is she fine to be alone until the other babies separate from Pickle?

I take Clarice in the run to mingle with them everyday. She gets along fine with the babies. She doesn’t show any want to stay with them (doesn’t follow them, etc). Which we could work with but Pickle is the issue. She definitely is not going to accept Clarice into the group.

I’ve considered separating a few babies to put with Clarice but I think that would cause too much stress for them and Pickle? Idk

FE6D6019-8FCB-42DC-AB63-93A4427C8196.jpeg
3D26AAC6-87DB-4C58-8816-9517A5C524F5.jpeg

Clarice has a Birds Eye view❤️ you could try putting a couple of the ducklings with Clarice that will help integration go better.
She really had the best view in the house!

I’ll have to give it a go. I assume the few that do get separated will ‘get over it’ ? And Pickle?

I feel bad but I also feel bad Clarice is alone. I have her with me as much as I can but it’s not the same

Back
Top Bottom