heat lamp bulb exploded!!!

Aug 13, 2024
i had the producers pride heat lamp and some reptile bulbs i bought on amazon, the bulb exploded on my baby chicks, i checked them all out they are okay i feel so bad! poor things, i moved them out of their box and cleaned it quickly but now i dont want it to happen again i switched to a reptile lamp instead of a chick lamp which has where i can control the temp, not to mention that bulb popped after only 2 days of having it on☹️ my poor babies, will this happen again? i have another one of the same bulbs

I have never had that happen before and neither have I seen much talk about the topic. I hope your chicks are okay! I agree with the replies above, water and temperature changes can cause the lamp to explode. It can also explode when the lamp's bulb is touching a wall. Make sure they are not touching anything.

I have never had that happen before and neither have I seen much talk about the topic. I hope your chicks are okay! I agree with the replies above, water and temperature changes can cause the lamp to explode. It can also explode when the lamp's bulb is touching a wall. Make sure they are not touching anything.
we do have the brooder near a door but it was about a 100 degrees outside today, i dont know what caused it, that was the weirdest thing, thank god it didnt happen while i was sleeping! maybe its cause i had it running 24/7

we do have the brooder near a door but it was about a 100 degrees outside today, i dont know what caused it, that was the weirdest thing, thank god it didnt happen while i was sleeping! maybe its cause i had it running 24/7
If it's a 100 degrees outside you don't need any type of added heat on the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom