Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
I wish I knew more about male and female lines, but anyway. You have 2 decent pairs of OEG's your splash to me look better then your wheatens.
I did showmanship until I was to old to do it, and have been helping my club with the JR's as well as judging JR showmanship. I've seen kids bring in crossbreds before, I've had a girl bring in a RIR bantam, Red Pyle OEG cross wich suprisningly looked like a white taild red OEG, anyway, it was undubed.

Now, you can do showmanship with him undubed, but, it's likely you won't place well. If he is a cockerel, (under a year old) you can get away with it, it's classifide as a "defect" when theye are cockerels, and a "disqualification" as a cock bird (over a year.) I think the OEG bantam club states "that all cockerels must be dubed by November 1st" that is, in order to be shown them more.
I would recomend having your doughter use your wheaten female or either one of the splash's, since it looks like your Wheaten male is also missing a "wing bow" wich is basicly a brownish bay color on the secondairys, in other words he's "crow winged"
All in all, it should be about fun more then anything.

Futer Tip:
some disqualifications and defects for the OEG bantams:
an undubed cock bird = disqualification.
a cock bird without spurs = disqualification.
and Im pretty sure "stubs" (basicly small feathers betwen the toes) is a disqualification, but im not sure now... might be a defect.
and for the wheaten variety of OEG bantam, a defect would be feathers with white in them.

Thanks so much! The splash one is also better behaved. I guess she just likes a challenge and his personality for some reason.
You've seen kids bring in crossbreds for showmanship?

Hello

I have been cruising this site to learn more. Because because I am now able to have chickens again I have allowed myself to be enabled by BYC. hee ha

I have whittled down my choices of breeds to raise to about 6 or 8 of the LF and am going full blast or well as soon as I can accommodate new breeds. So far the bantam choice is narrowed down to two. OEGB is competing for top position. My hatching eggs come next week and I can't wait to see them. I hope that these little birds are all that I expect so that I can have a variety of them. There are so many types/colors. WOW

That is what I love about the OEGB, my first was a old eng duck wing, he is an awesome rooster, I left him with inlaws when we moved back to fla, now I have my sights set on Porcelain and Self blue and Mille Fluer...they are just eye candy to me. My others breed of choice is Orps, bantam and biggums... they are the sweeter side of my evil OEGBs lol
lol.png
I hope to really get a chance this year to experience some poultry shows!

I have yet to visit a poultry show except for the local and state county fairs. I never paid attention to the winners or much else except all the different types of birds and animals. Poultry raising, hatching and etc is so much fun. i think most of us start out just wanting to raise our own food and then more interest grows from how much time and other stuff etc. I am a hugh advocate of the 4-H and youth Farmers Clubs also and participated when the kids were young. Now I just do it for me.

frow.gif

Last edited:
I have some OEGB's that I'm going to post pics of soon, The camera I use takes HUGE pictures and due to our dial-up it's hard to upload such large pictures, I need to wait till I install some photo editing software before I can resize them too
sad.png

It sucks, I want to share my birds with the everyone.
smile.png

Ok here are some of my OEGB the first pic is all chicks hatched from ebay eggs (my first timers). The two Crele pairs are from Splash Giants BYC member. When I get a chance I will build individual pens for the different color varieties and I will be sure to ask which should go with witch to get what. Ha ha

44626_dsc04162.jpg
img]

44626_dsc04175.jpg
mg]

44626_dsc04170.jpg
g]

44626_dsc04166.jpg
mg]

44626_dsc04184.jpg
g]

44626_dsc04200.jpg
img]

Oh thanks
smile.png
I didn't know that I'd tried using paint to resize images before and It ended up croping them instead, now i know what i did wrong
big_smile.png

Heres one of my first OEGB:
38559_mini_rooster_resized.jpg

I'll post more of my new guys when I get some good pics, it's difficult because the guy I bought them from left them in a cage with rows and rows of other birds only visiting them to take thier eggs and feed them.

Back
Top Bottom