Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
Yes, I would like that link too. I have what looks like an OEG, BUT I have noticed he has the blue ears. Is that wrong. What else is wrong with him, other than the fact that he has not been dubbed and the blue ears. And where do you think the blue ears come from?
71829_img_7487.jpg

Quote:
Yes, I would like that link too. I have what looks like an OEG, BUT I have noticed he has the blue ears. Is that wrong. What else is wrong with him, other than the fact that he has not been dubbed and the blue ears. And where do you think the blue ears come from?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/71829_img_7487.jpg

oh, and what colour variety is he (if any)

lau.gif
I just realized...this little boy is DUTCH! And he's beautiful!!!!
lau.gif

celebrate.gif
I FINALLY know what he is
celebrate.gif

I've been working on several projects with my Old English Bantams and have ended up with a dun duckwing color that I really like. I started out crossing a chocolate hen to Silver Sebright roo - attempting a fawn/chocolate sebright. Took one of the offspring hens (solid fawn/dun color) and crossed her back to a Fawn Duckwing roo to see what happened and this is what I'm getting. The hens are a solid dun color with some silver feathering around the neck. The Roo you can see in the picture is more of a duckwing with chest lacing. They are really beautiful but young and haven't started laying yet. Looking forward to seeing the next step!!

What does all the Old English BYCers think and what would you call this color??

36179_img00299-20101219-1521.jpg

36179_img00302-20101219-1524.jpg

Last edited:
I show two varieties of OEGB... Black and Wheaten. We recently got three black male line cockerels.

Wheaten Cockerel
66074_dscn0824.jpg

This wheaten k has won many BB and RB and got Reserve of Show in Victorville, CA along with champion of show Junior

Wheaten Pullet
66074_chickens_11-22-10_019_2.jpg

Black (female line) Pullet
66074_dscn0805.jpg

Back
Top Bottom