Hello Fellow Bird Lovers!

ducklady789

In the Brooder
May 28, 2019
Hi guys! So I actually do not have chickens currently, but I have owned them in the past. I am mainly a waterfowl kind of person. (I have nothing against chickens :D) I have been into waterfowl ever since I was really little my mom always had ducks on our pond while I was growing up. When I was 8 I got into 4-H and realized I could show them. I showed for 10 years. After that, it snowballed into what I would now call my favorite and most time-consuming hobby. I don't show as much as I used to. I mainly just hatch, sell, and raise them.

I currently have around 20-30 birds. (Including babies). I have been downsizing though because I am in college and I hate to leave all the bird raising to my parents while I am away. But I will never get rid of all my birds. My parents love them just as much as I do.

My breeds include Runner ducks, Aylesbury ducks, Saxony Ducks, Mandarin Ducks, Sebastapol geese, Dewlap Toulouse geese, and one little hookbill duck. I have had many other breeds of ducks (really I think I have tried them all) but these are what I chose to stick with.

My favorite things about raising waterfowl are the personalities they have. They are so fun to watch. I love watching them on the pond. I also love the ducklings and goslings. They are absolutely precious! Plus waterfowl can be challenging but I find them to be some of the easiest and most rewarding farm animals I have ever owned. Also now that I am a 4-H alumni I love helping current and future 4-Hers with their birds.

My other hobbies include gardening, kayaking, training dogs, baking, and sleeping. I am Junior at Purdue University, and I can't wait to learn from everyone on BYC!

Thanks for reading! :D

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link above. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Well hello ducklady 89. Very nice to meet you. We share some common interests, dogs, baking and sleeping. I call it "napping" so people don't know I can sleep through whole days at a time. Hope I didn't say that out loud. I just say I am in training for the Olympic sleeping team.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens, the pulse beat of the chicken community. :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom