ChickenManWill

In the Brooder
May 30, 2021
Longtime lurker, first time poster here. I’ve had my heart set on raising chickens for their sustainably produced eggs and, more importantly, their companionship and quirky, funny, endearing, lovable behaviors. However, my Township has had a ban on chickens since June 25, 1990. The ban is almost as old as me!

I reached to my town for the reasons behind it on our town’s Facebook page and was told to speak with the zoning officer. To make a long story short my post garnered quite a bit of interest from EN residents and the interim zoning and planning director is sympathetic to the idea of backyard chickens. I’ve started the long, tedious process of overturning the rule, but I’m no politician, lawyer, or even public speaker and I’m well in over my head. I’m hoping to learn from you the firsthand pros and cons of chicken ownership and, moreover, find likeminded people who can share their wisdom and guidance with an outlaw chicken newbie.

Thank you so much for reading this far and have a wonderful, restful Memorial Day weekend!

Back
Top Bottom