Hello From Iowa

SilkieChick00

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 17, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
I just joined today and thought I'd let you know a little about me.

My name is Carmen
frow.gif
I'm 21 and the mother of 3 very energetic boys! We reside in Des Moines, Iowa and have had our chickens for about 5 1/2 months. We have 2 Buff Orpington Hens ( Rosie and Bertha) 2 Silkie Hens (1 white called snowflake, 1 splash called chickadee) 2 Silkie Roos (1 white,un-named 1 buff also un-named). We also have a EE (maybe?) hen named Gizmo. She only has 1 eye.
Our Hen's have recently started laying and I'm proud to say we just ate our first egg feast this morning! The boys, s/o, and I just loved them. They were delicious!

I've learned a lot from this site already. I've been checking the place out for a few days now, lol. I know there is so much more to learn!

~Carmen

Welcome. Nice to see another Iowegian. I live down by Centerville. There is an Iowa thread that we get on sometimes. We all chatted a bunch when the Iowa City Show was going on. I have a Black silkie!! Shes just a baby still. So adorable.
3 boys
ep.gif
I bet they keep you busy. I know my 2 yr. boy does.
lau.gif

welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome! Three little boys!
ep.gif
I bet they are a ton of fun!!!! It is great that they get to grow up with fresh eggs and the fun of owning chickens.

I am new to chicken owning also and am looking forward to my girls starting to lay in March.

Welcome - I'm in sw Iowa and also have 3 sons and have loved every minute of it. Enjoy
wee.gif
They will be grown and gone like mine are before you know it.

big_smile.png
Yahoo! Another Iowan!! I live south of you, near Lovilia. So do you live in DSM city limits? Do your neighbors like your birds??

Have you gotten any EE eggs yet? I have one that started laying a few weeks ago, and she lays the purtiest little green eggs. If you have any girls who go broody this spring, you can certainly trade for some hatching eggs from some of us Iowans if you want. Mine are mixed breed, so you probably wouldn't want them!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom