Hello from N Central Florida

Eggs_Over_EZ

Songster
6 Years
Jan 13, 2018
My name is Rhonda and I am in Nth Ctrl Florida. We are starting all over again with chickens. We are very excited. At one time we had over 70 chickens (roo-roos and hens combined). We used the girls for yummy fresh eggs for personal eating pleasure and resale and the roo-roos hung around as an alarm system and yard art. We are in the process of setting up our chicken house and pens, so at the present we do not have any chickens. We expect the first dozen will be purchased at our local Rural King or if we can find chicks from local growers we will get them there. We will do some of our own hatching, which is how many of our previous birds started in the past flock.

We had a large mix of breeds in our yard previously. Rhodebars, Welsummers, Barred Rock , Marans, Ameraucana ,Patridge Barthuhner, Buff Orpington and a number of mix breeds. We are looking to return to having many of the same and even more. I really want some Speckled Sussex. I cannot wait to let the crazy chicken person come out again. :ya

Besides the chickens we have one cat Milo who is our fur baby. :love

Hello and welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us. welcome.gif
I like your BYC name...lol. Very nice!!:clap

This video may help with learning how to navigate the new site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

My name is Rhonda and I am in Nth Ctrl Florida. We are starting all over again with chickens. We are very excited. At one time we had over 70 chickens (roo-roos and hens combined). We used the girls for yummy fresh eggs for personal eating pleasure and resale and the roo-roos hung around as an alarm system and yard art. We are in the process of setting up our chicken house and pens, so at the present we do not have any chickens. We expect the first dozen will be purchased at our local Rural King or if we can find chicks from local growers we will get them there. We will do some of our own hatching, which is how many of our previous birds started in the past flock.

We had a large mix of breeds in our yard previously. Rhodebars, Welsummers, Barred Rock , Marans, Ameraucana ,Patridge Barthuhner, Buff Orpington and a number of mix breeds. We are looking to return to having many of the same and even more. I really want some Speckled Sussex. I cannot wait to let the crazy chicken person come out again. :ya

Besides the chickens we have one cat Milo who is our fur baby. :love

Welcome to Backyard Chickens

Back
Top Bottom