Hello from the mountains of Arizona!

Oh goodness... the white girls are definitely cornish cross... I love them but may have to cull the one who can barely stand. I think she's being bullied by the little barred rocks. I'm going to reduce feed to the 2 big healthy crosses, but if they don't lay... oh Lordy, this is why I wanted egg chickens! I can't imagine eating a baby I raised just yet. Ugh, thank you all for the advice, I think as long as the other 2 crosses stay mobile and healthy I'll keep them. They're such dolls.

Welcome to byc!!!
:celebrate:frow:wee:ya:thumbsup:welcome:D
Is it true that you can actually fry an egg by the sun in Arizona????

True in Phoenix indeed... but basically to get enough heat you'd have to do it on the tarmac at the airport, LOL! I got the heck out of Phoenix in 1993. I live in the biggest contiguous stand of Ponderosa Pine in the world. 100 miles NE of Phoenix, at 6000-7500 feet elevation. We get 6 or so feet of snow total per year, with at least a couple more 2-4 foot storms when the monster rivers flood.

Oh goodness... the white girls are definitely cornish cross... I love them but may have to cull the one who can barely stand. I think she's being bullied by the little barred rocks. I'm going to reduce feed to the 2 big healthy crosses, but if they don't lay... oh Lordy, this is why I wanted egg chickens! I can't imagine eating a baby I raised just yet. Ugh, thank you all for the advice, I think as long as the other 2 crosses stay mobile and healthy I'll keep them. They're such dolls.
They will look like chicken from the store after they are processed and then stored in the freezer for a while.

I am sorry that they sent you cornish X instead of leghorns. I have seen this happen quite a bit

I've been waiting 22 years for these ladies! Mayyybe a little bit of determination in me, LOL
I had chickens growing up and we could not have them in the city we moved to when I was 17. I was able to get chickens when I was 50 years old! I did not realize how much I missed them

Back
Top Bottom