Hello from Wyoming!

PollyWallyFrog

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2024
Wyoming
Hey everyone! I'm PollyWally and I live in beautiful Wyoming. I'm new to chickens, and honestly used to have a fear of them (still kinda do but it turns out it's not so bad when you get them as chicks, so that's helped). I got 4 chicks back in May, 2 chocolate orpingtons that were about 3-4 weeks old (they were going to be removed from stock at my local feed store) and 2 black austraorps (1 week old, they'd just got them in that day). I build a chicken coop out of an old coop that was here on the property I live on, it needed a pretty big overhaul but it's a really good size, it's honestly probably too big for the 4 chickens I have but I'm hoping to have a rooster in the bunch and maybe someday get some chicks.

Typically I'm a gamer, this is my first steps into having any barnyard animals, but I hope to get horses in the future as well. I play WoW mostly. My husband and I have our own lawn care business, and though it's fairly new, it's doing really well. I have 4 children, a dog and a cat. Currently we live with my elderly mother in law to help take care of her, but we hope to be moving to our own place in the next couple of years.

I'm excited to start this new journey and look forward to meeting all of you! Here's some pictures of my babies! (One I am pretty convinced is a roo, but the others... not sure.... and now my cousin has me worried both my chocolates are roos but they're only 2 months old so.. time will tell!)

Attachments

• Chickens.JPG
    Chickens.JPG
    784.5 KB · Views: 39

Back
Top Bottom