HELP- 6 week Buff Orp that has blood in poop and crop issue

Quote:
I'm sorry you're having these problems, and I hope your chickens perk up soon.

elmo thanks. I sure hope so to., I have not had experience with the crop or with Cocci before so this is all new to me.

Quote:
Fascinating! So either it's possible that cocci can exist in the intestines of chicks in the shell (wow!) or the brooder may have been contaminated from another source...airborne particles coming in the window, for example.

Exactly, elmo. If you bring in dirt on your clothes or shoes when around them and so many other ways I can imagine, it can happen. I do think it can be present in the intestines before they hit the ground. Tests on dead chicks do seem to confirm that. It's not overly common, but very possible.

UPDATE!!!!! Well it looks like we have the sour crop under control today. They were acting so much better yesterday and all I let them have was yogurt and scrambled eggs and ACV and water. I ordered more of the Metro and have split what the vet gave me for the girl I took to her on MOnday. The bloody poop is also getting better. It was looking like straight blood and quite red and I have Corid on the way for that. I am so happy for my babies to be getting better. Thank you Speckledhen for all of your advice because it worked great and they are on their way for a full recovery.

I LOVE THIS SITE! And I love all the words of wisdom that people can share and now I know how to treat sour crop. Thank you again. I will update again when I have finished the medicine. Thanks again.
woot.gif
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom