HELP ASAP- 3WK OLD HAS LONG HAIR STUCK IN THROAT

Fawn and Fam

Songster
10 Years
Apr 2, 2013
She swallowed part of one of my hairs she found on the floor when she got out of the tote. It could be up to 36" long. She has about 5" sticking out of her mouth. This is the 6th time this has happened but I was able to pull the others out gently w/ no problem. This time it is stuck firmly when I pull. I looked down her throat w/ a flashlight but can't see anything except it going down it. I don't want to hurt/damage her. What should I do!!!

After I posted this I went to get her some fresh water. When I came back to her it was gone. I'm certain she swallowed the rest of it (I didn't find it in the tote). I'm sure that can be dangerous as hair is not digestible. I once pulled a 37" hair out of my 4 month old baby's bottom. I don't know how he managed to swallow that long of a hair. Also I had to hold my cat down & pull a 37" hair out of her rear because she was running around the house franticly. It had chunks of her poo dangling from it and banging against her as she ran! Gross! I know, TMI. I've heard of it killing animals, should I be concerned? Is there anything I need to do?

The thing is, there is nothing you can do now besides watch and wait. Chickens have pretty tough digestive systems, so I bet he will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom