Help I have a Call duck that has crusty eye's!!!!

Triplell

Songster
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
Brainerd, MN
I have a very small call duck that has crusty eye's. They have a cat litter box for them to swim in and clean their heads. I bought some antibiotic Oxytetracycline for the drinking water. Am I dealling with a head cold or something else? His feathers all around his eye's are all matted. What should I do?

Make a cup of chamomile tea. Add three cups of cold water to it, so that it is dilute, and lukewarm, not hot or cold. Put it aside for a few minutes.

Let the duckling swim in lukewarm water for five or ten minutes, so his head is good and wet, and he can clear out his nares and scratch behind his ears and all that duckie stuff.

Dampen a washcloth with the chamomile water, and see if you can very gently wipe around the eyes and nares.

Give it plenty of fresh water to swim in. Make sure and clean the bedding. And if those things don't work, buy some
Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment. I've found it before on amazon. Carefully apply it to the eye a couple times a day. Try to put a dab right in the corner of the eye so you don't actually poke the eye itself.

Thanks, I did just move them outside to an enclosed pen. The one I'm worried about is the tinest one of them all. Thier are two different age's but within a week apart. I gave them three swimming pool's so they all can have a chance to swim im clean water. I change it three times a day.

sad.png
I'm so sorry about your ducky.
Big hugs from Daisy & me.

Back
Top Bottom