Help identifying duck breed

Sssighco

Hatching
Jul 3, 2024
Hi everyone, I just got these two ducklings dropped off to me and I need help identifying their breed. Apparently they’re both female but that’s about all I know. Pics aren’t the best but hopefully enough, I have chickens but don’t know the same amount about ducks.

Attachments

• E18F7E9E-6631-4C77-98A6-7F399FD781B9.jpeg
    E18F7E9E-6631-4C77-98A6-7F399FD781B9.jpeg
    331.9 KB · Views: 43
  • B4E0066B-8401-4A86-A384-DE5E6FEBABBD.jpeg
    B4E0066B-8401-4A86-A384-DE5E6FEBABBD.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 9
The second duckling looks to be a crested duckling. If they are both the same breed, then they may both be crested ducks.

That seems to be a good guess, one of them does have a pretty prominent little fluff crest. I’ll keep an eye on her to see if it develops more or goes away as she gets older. Thanks for the input.

Their coloration reminds me of a Khaki Campbell but with lighter feet, it is likely they may be a mix of Campbell and crested.
Just looked at Khaki Campbell ducklings and they look quite a bit similar, just missing the dark feet like you said. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are some sort of mix. I suppose we’ll see better once they grow out of their down feathers.

Did they come from a hatchery? The first one looks like a Swedish Blue and the second looks like a crested Runner.

Did you get them vent sexed as females?
They were given to me by my brother who works at a feed store so I’m assuming they came from a hatchery since most stores get their birds from them. He told me the whole batch was female so it seems they were vent sexed. I’m not opposed to the Swedish Blue and crested Runner ideas, thank you.

Did they come from a hatchery? The first one looks like a Swedish Blue and the second looks like a crested Runner.

Did you get them vent sexed as females?
You might’ve hit the nail on the head with the Swedish blue, just took a closer look at her and she seems to have the small light markings around her eyes on top of looking quite a bit like a Swedish blue duckling.

Back
Top Bottom