Help! Incubator Flashing On and Off

ANightPerson

Songster
7 Years
Oct 22, 2016
Massachusetts
I've had my incubator for almost two years. I used it just recently to hatch some chicks and ducklings, the last of which hatching just last week. I ordered some expensive svart höna eggs that came today (so excited!). I turned on my incubator for a test run, and it keeps flashing on and off, which it's never done before. The first time I plugged it in, it flashed for about 20 minutes before turning on normally. I figured that it would be alright, but I plugged it in again and now it just won't stop turning on and off. It's been running for hours like this. I've tried everything except taking it apart. I am so screwed if I can't get these eggs incubated. Has anyone ever dealt with this? Does anyone have any ideas? Link to video attached.

Researching as best I can online for the problem you described; one article suggests confirming that the humidity sensor is actually plugged in, going so far as to say that the numbers kept flashing every second or two because it wasn't on her machine. The quote from them "Just thought I'd put a comment on this as I just bought one of these incubators and was having the same trouble with it - it turns out that the humidity sensor was disconnected. The grey box on the inside of the lid is the humidity sensor and if you pop the top off it (don't have to unscrew the screw thats there - that's for holding the sensor to the lid), inside it has a plug and in mine that was disconnected which is why the numbers were flashing, I just plugged it together and it's all working well. Just thought I'd add this info as the instructions for these things are not very concise and I'm sure this will happen to someone else down the track."
Perhaps give that a try and get back with me so I know if I need to keep searching.

Researching as best I can online for the problem you described; one article suggests confirming that the humidity sensor is actually plugged in, going so far as to say that the numbers kept flashing every second or two because it wasn't on her machine. The quote from them "Just thought I'd put a comment on this as I just bought one of these incubators and was having the same trouble with it - it turns out that the humidity sensor was disconnected. The grey box on the inside of the lid is the humidity sensor and if you pop the top off it (don't have to unscrew the screw thats there - that's for holding the sensor to the lid), inside it has a plug and in mine that was disconnected which is why the numbers were flashing, I just plugged it together and it's all working well. Just thought I'd add this info as the instructions for these things are not very concise and I'm sure this will happen to someone else down the track."
Perhaps give that a try and get back with me so I know if I need to keep searching.
Call me a madman, call me a genius, but I just opened it up and jiggled around some wires until it started working again. It's back in order! Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom