Help - Is Permanent Marker on eggs bad?

NajmoNests

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 1, 2010
E. Central, MN
No live peachicks YET this year. Humidity ok.. temp 99.5, Embryo die about half way or more. A few during lock down. Is my problem permanent marker? I can't see the pencil markings. What is correct to use? Please help.

You already know I use a sharpie on all my eggs with no problems. Most all of the larger breeders do so you can look elsewhere for the problems you are having.
IMG_7848.JPG
IMG_7643.JPG
IMG_7644.JPG
IMG_7645.JPG

No live peachicks YET this year. Humidity ok.. temp 99.5, Embryo die about half way or more. A few during lock down. Is my problem permanent marker? I can't see the pencil markings. What is correct to use? Please help.
Eggs are clean, 4 different incubators and same problems. Parents feed correct feeds & free in large grassy pens. I still can't pinpoint my problem (s). :'(
Eggs gathered daily and put in incubators immediately upon marking them.

Hi! As KSKingBee said he uses Sharpies and he does great! I use Crayola non-toxic markers. :) Red and Green are my favorites so I can see. ;) I'm sorry hatching is not going well for you. I heard humidity is a huge factor with peafowl eggs. I did 60% and 70% lockdown and had awesome success! Anyway I hope you find out what's going on. :)

Back
Top Bottom