Help me choose a friendly breed to group with silkies!

Hrmmm mine havent bothered my birds yet. I have them with oeg bantams and seramas, plus some barred rocks and tan leggerns. They all get along.

Cochins do reasonably well in dry heat. If you are especially worried about the heat get a lighter colored bird as no matter the breed/species (kanine/feline/equine/bovine/goats/swine/poultry) lighter colored animals do better in hot weather. AND!!!
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
My Cochins run the gamut. Some are super sweet to people as well as birds. I also have some that terrorize other chickens and have drawn blood from me when they are on the nest.

Quote:
I haven't had the full sized ones, but I have lots of banties. The hens are uber sweet, but the roos are devils! To a bird they'll throw down with my big roos in an instant (and often win), and they are not very "gentlemanly" with the hens ... all, that is, except my gold laced roo. For some reason he's much mellower with the girls, although still a scrapper with the other roos.

Spitzhaubens are a FAB looking bird! how cool! So, I am leaning towards the Spitz souly on good word of mouth and that awesome look but first I need to google them for a few hours.

Anyone able to give me more insight to the Spitz? Any good recommended breeders?

Also, everyone thanks for the warm welcome! This sight will be my new BFF on my chicken journey.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom