Help me decide!

May 15, 2024
I’m ordering hatching eggs for the first time, and finalizing my preorder! I want to add 6-8 pullets. So I assume I need to order quite a few more than that to account for roosters and possibility of some not hatching.

This hatchery has all kinds of wonderful sounding heritage breeds! I know I want a legbar, as I lost one this past summer that I loved dearly.

I’ve also fallen in love with the sound of mosaics, anyone know much about them?

Also thinking of adding another marans (I have 3 bcm but one is definitely an olive egger and not a bcm and this hatchery also has splash and blue marans that I am curious about), and Swedish flower hens and possibly bielefelders.

Is that too much variety?

How many of each breed should I order if I’m hoping for 1 or 2 pullets of each?

Thanks!

It’s name is breezy, it’s a smaller one local to my province that specializes in heritage breeds and seems to have a great reputation in care for their birds.

Mosaic aren't heritage
Ok, perhaps choice of word “specializes” was incorrect, I apologize. They have several heritage breeds among some others is better description?

Sorry my post wasn’t looking for advice on the hatchery I chose so I didn’t put too much thought into my reply to that question. I was more looking for advice on choices of breed and quantity I should order…

Why don't you just order pullets if that's what you want? Most hatcheries charge a bit more for sexed birds than for straight run but IMO it's worth it not to have to deal with unwanted males.

Back
Top Bottom