Help Me! Is She Sick?

Does she get any real chicken feed or just junk food?
She's likely suffering from nutrition deficiency, get her on a nice, 18-20% protein chicken feed, though after a year of this diet, she may not fully recover.
Get a hen, if you must, or two would be better.
No rooster, ever.
Remember to quarantine new birds for AT LEAST a month, completely seperate, as far away as you possibly can.
I have a quick question though, if I want them to get and hatch some eggs would it be fine if I get a rooster temporarily or how would that work?

I have a quick question though, if I want them to get and hatch some eggs would it be fine if I get a rooster temporarily or how would that work?
a young rooster is fine but ultimately I wouldn't hatch as you could end up with 2 roosters it never will go just how you want I recommend ordering hens as they are professionally gendered and are vaccinated (most of the time if you pay for it) they are generally vaccinated for cocci mareks and some others its by far the safest option as getting grown hens has the risk of wiping your whole flock from illness. but they do require more attention and they need a brooder

Back
Top Bottom