HELP! my baby duck who has been delivered to my house she was fine. Until now she has been shaking and standing up weird. She can barely open her eyes

Unknow

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2024
Hi there is very new for me of ordering baby duck so I tried it. When she finally arrived she was alright she ran crazy yk. But now she has been shaking weird and very likely cant drink water or eat. Im sure I have seen my baby duck drink and eat the first days she came. What can I do? I mean the food I give to my oldest ducks do eat it ever since they are healthy but this little fella doesnt is my first time seeing a baby duck of mine act this way. Im not sure if its the food…Right now the baby duck stopped and is sleeping I guess but she isnt fine I just know it. Is there anything I can do to help her?

I am sorry you little duckliong is having some problems, first Welcome to BYC.
Now tell us what you are feeding your duckling? how old it is? Where did you order from and did they just send one? since they don't usually just send one duckling through the mail.Alspo explain your brooder set up what heat your using bedding etc.

I am sorry you little duckliong is having some problems, first Welcome to BYC.
Now tell us what you are feeding your duckling? how old it is? Where did you order from and did they just send one? since they don't usually just send one duckling through the mail.Alspo explain your brooder set up what heat your using bedding etc.
Farm and fleet. I guess she might be one week or two around there. No I had to pick it up sorry for the misunderstanding Im just worry now bc of the baby duck. The food is like Kelmachi brand thats what I give to baby ducks like the oldest. But idk why my baby duck suddenly like this. They did send two including her. The other one die by stress.

Try giving them electrolytes.If she wont drink it dip a q-tip in the electrolyte water and put it on her beak.But do NOT force any liquids down her throat
I try but instead of q tip i try with my finger so it could be easier to drink. She isnt responding she does open her eyes but does not. I try a bit open her beak but she just shakes a bit her head.

Farm and fleet. I guess she might be one week or two around there. No I had to pick it up sorry for the misunderstanding Im just worry now bc of the baby duck. The food is like Kelmachi brand thats what I give to baby ducks like the oldest. But idk why my baby duck suddenly like this. They did send two including her. The other one die by stress.
I'm so sorry I lost 2 Runner duckling from shipping stress it's heartbreaking.

The feed is crumbles right? baby ducks can't eat pellets?
Do you have any Poultry cell or Nutri drench? both of these can help get a duckling through a rough time. If you can get some [poultry cell] made by rooster booster and start by giving her drops along her bill it may help. Sometimes wetting the feed with warm water makes them want to eat also.

Do you have any Poultry cell or Nutri drench? both of these can help get a duckling through a rough time. If you can get some [poultry cell] made by rooster booster and start by giving her drops along her bill it may help. Sometimes wetting the feed with warm water makes them want to eat also.
alright let me do that real quick ill come back for reports.

IT WORKED Shes starting to eat well this time I also did the q tip to drink water she did it. TYYSMM

Back
Top Bottom