Help needed to identify breed.

I looked at the website above and it does resemble a Cream Legbar. What does someone else think?
hu.gif

It's very pretty, though.

Michele.

Quote:
It is probably not a Legbar then. I don't think they are available over here. Wherever she is, she is very pretty. Do you know which neighbor she came from? Maybe they could tell you her breed.

I don't know where she came from. Several people in the neighborhood have chickens but none of my close neighbors do. But I sent an email with pics of her to Lyle Behl, the man who brought the first Icelandics to the United States in 2003. Here is what I wrote:

"Someone told me this might be an Icelandic chicken. Before I get all excited I thought I would check with you."

Here is what Lyle Behl wrote back.

"She looks very much like an Icelandic chicken. Many Icelandics have the top knot and come in that color. She is a very pretty girl. Where did you get her? Okay, now you can get excited!!"

And, am I ever excited! Since he is the guru of Icelandic chickens (http://www.geocities.com/behlcascade/vikingchix.html) I am going to assume he is right. Now I need an Icelandic rooster and we'll make Icelandic babies. Any ideas where I could get one?

Thanks,

Mary

Back
Top Bottom