Help! Our fertilized eggs aren't edible

Non GMO does nothing for chickens, but the protein content does. Try increasing the protein content and not just plant protein. Chickens need some meat proteins.
I use that feed because it's corn free and I have trouble with corn products in my digestive system so I try to avoid it when I can, and I personally prefer non gmo when I can get it.

That's interesting about protein that isn't plant based though. After reading the ingredients, fish meal, porcine meat, and bone meal are included. It's 16% protein. When we grind /process beef, we throw the scraps to them. What else would you suggest?

My eggs get like that when they're spoiled by heat, either from summer or a broody hen
Hello If you pick up your eggs frequently throughout the day before the summer heat can spoil them they won't get spoiled. In summer I like to pick up eggs several times per day.

I know that everyone doesn't have responsibility to do this, but if you can do it, your eggs will be fresh.

Hello If you pick up your eggs frequently throughout the day before the summer heat can spoil them they won't get spoiled. In summer I like to pick up eggs several times per day.

I know that everyone doesn't have responsibility to do this, but if you can do it, your eggs will be fresh.
Okay? I wasn't asking for how to fix that with my eggs. They just get tossed back to the birds anyways so it doesn't matter if mine are like OPs

Hello Oh I understand. You said heat spoils your eggs. I thought that if you didn't leave them in the heat so long they wouldn't get spoiled.
It doesn't take long when the temperature is in the triple digits to make eggs go bad. And having broody hens also tend to have that happen to eggs, depending on the hen and how heavy she's setting.

Not too sure about the heat being the cause. I've never had that happen during all of my Texas inferno summers. I collect fertilized and unfertilized eggs at the end of the day and put them in the fridge. I've never seen yolks like this.

Back
Top Bottom