Help with fermented feed

Could I add apple cider vinegar? I have heard you are not supposed to do that because it turns alcoholic. Would it still work even if the Apple cider vinegar doesn’t have the mother? I don’t think the current one I have in my kitchen has it, and I couldn’t find one with it last time I looked.

Now I’m confused😅 It doesn’t look like either of those. Not really sure about the color, but it is an extremely thin, solid film. It is not bumpy like either of those.
Do u have a pic?

I’m fermenting crumbles right now and it’s been three days. I don’t see a difference. It looks like mushy now that’s it.

I started some FF yesterday. I use a coffee container with holes in the top.
IMG_1406.jpeg
IMG_1407.jpeg

This is after about 18 hours.
IMG_1391.jpeg
IMG_1392.jpeg

This is my most recent picture, after about 28 hours. This is as far as I have gotten so far
IMG_1401.jpeg
I did about 2 cups of pelleted feed and about 4.5 cups of water. But the chickens decided to jump on it and knock it onto the ground. I added a little bit of water to try to replace what they spilled, but I but I don’t know how much of what is in there now. The water had been sitting in a jug with the lid off for the last 3 days, so pretty sure there is no chlorine. It has been 95-100 degrees, and I keep it outside.

Chickens😂
IMG_1345.jpeg
IMG_1346.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom