Help

laurence2579

Hatching
Sep 7, 2024
Just purchased day old chicks and noticed one of them had a hole under its wing. After a few minutes I saw a few tiny worms moving around in the hole? How can I help him? Anything that’s safe to wash it out with?
No idea how to attach a picture sorry

Look up fly strike on here, you will find posts with instructions on how to clean and treat it! I haven't had that in my flock yet so I don't have any advice. I hope you can get her healed up soon!

Hello Laurence, I'm so sorry about your baby chick, I myself haven't been in this situation but I had done some research on all the best natural treatments.
And for that, I recommend "If Your Chicken is Wounded and you Don't Know What to do, READ THIS" By Kelcie Paulis, Chickenlandia Presidential Adviser
This amazing source tells you each step to approach this.
I hope this helps!

Hello Laurence, I'm so sorry about your baby chick, I myself haven't been in this situation but I had done some research on all the best natural treatments.
And for that, I recommend "If Your Chicken is Wounded and you Don't Know What to do, READ THIS" By Kelcie Paulis, Chickenlandia Presidential Adviser
This amazing source tells you each step to approach this.
I hope this helps!
Hi Lacey. Is this an article here on BYC, or a book, or ??? Where is this available from?

Hi BigBlueHen53, I actually found this source on her website, Chickenlandia.com, but it's this lady who is an amazing backyard chicken educator who shares her tips and insites on healing and taking care of chickens with the most natural resources. (Didn't come across her on BYC so far)
And if you would like to learn more about her she also has a YouTube channel for more as well.
Also, sorry I forgot to include this, but if you go on her website, there's a search bar, so you can type any kind of sign of illness or any kind of problem you run into for your chicken, and she'll give you step by step advice.

Back
Top Bottom