HELP

welcome-byc.gif
We're glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about your injured hen!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X4 on post in the Emergencies forum, Hope your hen recovers. You can use Neosporin or something like Blu-Kote or other wound dressing on it, you can find it at most farm stores. Like TwoCrows suggested make a full body sock for her, fasten/safety pin it so she can't get to the wound... it might also help if you keep her in the dark quite a bit so she stays quieter.

I gave in and took her back to the vet, turns out the wounds are never sutchered on her neck. The brown is a scab. The vet said the wounds will never close because the skin won't grow back. So she will forever be a pet can't ever eat her eggs. But she will be OK. Thank you all

I gave in and took her back to the vet, turns out the wounds are never sutchered on her neck. The brown is a scab. The vet said the wounds will never close because the skin won't grow back. So she will forever be a pet can't ever eat her eggs. But she will be OK. Thank you all

hmm.png
- none of that makes any sense in looking at this wound.

Sounds odd to me. I had a gray chick the went to close to the dog and got a similar injury. I didn't go to the vet. It happened the day before I had to leave town. I had someone to feed the animals. When I came back a week later the skin regrew and you can't tell where the injury is. I also had a hen with two quarter size holes on her back and they scabbed over and skin grew and refeathered.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom