good idea with the vent over the door.
I bit the bullet and went out and opened up
the cover over the electrical switches etc.
I took the on/off switch out and tested it.
seemed OK.
the reset switch would not stay switched ON
in messing around, I accidently touched the
bottom of the motor jacket. it was HOT.
hmmm, bro inlaw just happened to call just
then. said it sounded like the capacitor was bad, to him.
I had to agree, since he is smarter than I am.
I am going to call Etco Electric Supply to see if they can test the cap. and if they have a replacement one.
I hope so. easy fix, and not too expensive.

in the meantime I am dealing with two potential puppy buyers.
One is texas, one in minnesota.
....jiminwisc......
Wish i could sell my kittens. 20170821_001814.jpg

good looking up morning,
don't stare at the sun..
when we were kids, we used to stare, it always made me sneeze. maybe that is why I am going blind today, eh?

I did not go outside yet today,
I think the breaker in the garage tripped, that is why the mixer doesn't work.
I am holding back, because if that isn't the problem, then I really have a problem. this way I can hold out hope for a little longer .
I have a single batch mixer I can use.
a little more manual than the big mixer.
I have 44 bags (batches) to mix..

One way or the other, I will get er done..

.......jiminwisc......

I had a problem with a few dead exterior electrical outlets around the house and one in the garage when I wanted to use my electric hedge trimmers and chain saw. My neighbor across the street (who has the same cookie cutter house as mine) came over and told me that the garage outlet was chained and controlled the covered exterior outlets at the front door and back patio. I turned off the breaker to the garage but there was still some current detected, using a meter, so I had to shut the whole house down. After replacing that ONE outlet, everything else came back to life. I miss the old days when appliances had the schematics pasted somewhere inside the cabinet. It made life much easier for the DIY'ers. --BB

Lumber is just 2x4 length of the roost that support a piece of plywood covering the roosting area. We spread pdz on that upper level and pine shavings on the floor. Makes cleanup easy bc I can use a kitty litter scooper on that area and means I only change the pine a couple times a year.
I am new to this and building my first coop, what is pdz? Anything that makes cleaning easier is something I need to know about!

Back
Top Bottom