Hen’s Ear Lobe Very Swollen- Not Sensitive, Slightly Warm

Thank you, I have reposted my own post but since you asked me some questions here I will reply.

Other than the swollen lobe she is fine. Eating, drinking all normal. Just a very swollen ear lobe bless her. What I was confused about was the puncture wound and in the day looking for something similar this post was basically a match with that puncture wound.

Really hoping if it is a sting of some sort it'll go down on its own. I recently lost my favourite hen to a mystery illness that took her out in a day and I'm not ready to lose another.
She’s a cute little thing. Sounds like you’ve been through a lot lately, I don’t blame you for being worried. I’m sorry for your loss. :hugs Hopefully it is nothing more than a sting or similar insect bite. Good signs she’s acting normal otherwise and you see no discharge or other signs of illness or infection.

I always try to reply when anyone replies to old posts just incase they don’t know how to post a new one, they can at least engage here on the old post. Glad you could get a new one posted tho :)

I see one of the resident educators did reply to your new thread. She’s given you some great advice with the Benadryl dosing instructions, even. Let us know how she gets along and if things get worse or if you need more help.

She’s a cute little thing. Sounds like you’ve been through a lot lately, I don’t blame you for being worried. I’m sorry for your loss. :hugs Hopefully it is nothing more than a sting or similar insect bite. Good signs she’s acting normal otherwise and you see no discharge or other signs of illness or infection.

I always try to reply when anyone replies to old posts just incase they don’t know how to post a new one, they can at least engage here on the old post. Glad you could get a new one posted tho :)

I see one of the resident educators did reply to your new thread. She’s given you some great advice with the Benadryl dosing instructions, even. Let us know how she gets along and if things get worse or if you need more help.
Thank you so much for being kind and replying. People who don't have chickens don't understand how much you care for them so when I lost my campine a few weeks ago it broke my heart and to have my little pekin suffering now is just so heartbreaking.

I'm going to get the benadryl tomorrow for her. I thought I already had some in the cupboard but it was a different kind of antihistamine and I didn't dare want to risk it. But first thing tomorrow I'm going to get some. I did see the other person had kindly advised that.

I really appreciate your help and hope that she will feel better soon. She's my little grumpy lady and I would be devastated if anything happened to her

Thank you so much for being kind and replying. People who don't have chickens don't understand how much you care for them so when I lost my campine a few weeks ago it broke my heart and to have my little pekin suffering now is just so heartbreaking.

I'm going to get the benadryl tomorrow for her. I thought I already had some in the cupboard but it was a different kind of antihistamine and I didn't dare want to risk it. But first thing tomorrow I'm going to get some. I did see the other person had kindly advised that.

I really appreciate your help and hope that she will feel better soon. She's my little grumpy lady and I would be devastated if anything happened to her
You’re so welcome. Aw she sounds like every chicken in my flock, they only are not grumpy with me if I have snacks for them haha. But I love them all the same.

You are certainly in the right place, we understand loving your chickens here. If you want to, you can head over to the new member introduction forum and introduce yourself;

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/new-member-introductions.44/

There are also threads for all the states, if you want to join your state thread and connect with poultry lovers near you. All kinds of informative articles, fun contests, wonderful pictures and heartwarming stories here on the site. Make yourself at home and you’ll meet all kinds of us that love our pet chickens and treat them like family! Then soon enough, you’ll be giving others advice on their bee-stung chickens 😊

Back
Top Bottom