Hen can’t seem to walk right!!!!

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
I woke up this morning to get the chickens ready and my PR is on the floor. I think she fell off the roosts and it might have stunned her and she hurt her leg. There’s no bedding because they have mites and I’m trying to get rid of those. I’ve been spraying and using powder stuff as well. Her toes are turned like that out of genetics or an injury I’m not sure but she has lived with it. I put her in a dog crate with food and water in the run so she’s not moving around too much. I’m not sure what to do. Do you have any ideas on how I can help her? I’m already stressed with the mites😭 I was not prepared for this!

Is she drinking and eating? Mites can suck the life out of a chicken pretty quickly. Encourage her to eat and drink. Do you have some tuna fish on hand?

Is she drinking and eating? Mites can suck the life out of a chicken pretty quickly. Encourage her to eat and drink. Do you have some tuna fish on hand?
She’s a big girl. I’ve seen her eat and drink but not today yet. I’ll go out and look. I won’t be home all day though. I have class in a couple hours and then work. I really hope she is going to be okay.

I just checked on her and she tried trying towards her food but again her balance isn’t good. She is laying down now. Hopefully she tries eating and drinking later. But when I get home I’ll make sure she tries eating and drinking some more. I can try giving her a few mealworms treats I know she’ll eat those.

She’s a big girl. I’ve seen her eat and drink but not today yet. I’ll go out and look. I won’t be home all day though. I have class in a couple hours and then work. I really hope she is going to be okay.
Ok...if you can see if she will eat some tuna, fish or an egg before you leave for your class. She looks like she is in bad shape so if you have a couple of hours now,. I would try to get her to eat something.

Back
Top Bottom