Hen has a runny nose, not sure if/when i should be concerned.

YayaC

Hatching
Jun 18, 2024
One of my Barred Rocks, roughly 1.5yo, has had a runny nose for a few days, no other symptoms that ive noticed.
Her legs are paler than the other hens though, she's the newest one but I don't know if her legs have always been that color or if I just noticed because I was looking her over, and I'm not even sure if it means anything.
She's eating/drinking normally, laying normally, doesn't seem to be lethargic, she runs to us everytime we go outside like usual. No other hens are showing any symptoms.
They all free range in my fenced in back yard. Their coop is small-ish (renovating our old shed to turn that into a bigger coop) but they're only in it at night and there's plenty of room for them to sleep/lay in it, and the door is opened at 5am every day.
I just can't tell if she's sick or just has a runny nose. I've added pics to maybe help

Attachments

• 20240617_144221.jpg
    20240617_144221.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240617_144713.jpg
    20240617_144713.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 4
She's eating/drinking normally, laying normally, doesn't seem to be lethargic, she runs to us everytime we go outside like usual. No other hens are showing any symptoms.
Welcome To BYC

Looks like she has some debris caked in the nostrils. Clean them daily, see if that helps.

If she's eating/drinking/laying and active, I'd just monitor her for now.

Welcome To BYC

Looks like she has some debris caked in the nostrils. Clean them daily, see if that helps.

If she's eating/drinking/laying and active, I'd just monitor her for now.
Yes, I've been cleaning her nose off, I took the picture right before I wiped it off :) I'll keep monitoring her. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom