Hen passing congealed blood after bobcat attack

jaxonann

Songster
Jul 7, 2019
Dallas, TX
My flock was attacked by a bobcat about 36 hours ago. They are 1.5 y/o americaunas. So far I have lost 5. I have one girl who just passed a large amount of congealed blood. I presume she has internal bleeding. She is having difficulty standing and has been sleeping most of the time. She will take water if I prop her up, but no food. I rinsed her off and noticed some superficial wounds, but no deep puncture wounds. Heart rate is normal, breathing is slow. Combs are red. No active bleeding. I currently have her inside out of the heat. I don't want to lose another one but fear her condition is grave. Thanks!

Keeping her indoors where it's cool is a great idea.

I'm afraid you are going to have to just wait and see...and hope for the best.

So sorry for your loss, have you Nutridench ???, she is probably still in shock, bless
her. Just keep your eye on her, and try her with a little plain yogurt, with a few fresh
(small amount) of herbs, chopped up in it. Parsley is good if you have it. Or even scrambled egg, in a few hours. Thank goodness she is drinking, keep us all updated.
She may settle and feel better in a few hours. She knows she is safe now, so fingers crossed. :love

So sorry for your loss, have you Nutridench ???, she is probably still in shock, bless
her. Just keep your eye on her, and try her with a little plain yogurt, with a few fresh
(small amount) of herbs, chopped up in it. Parsley is good if you have it. Or even scrambled egg, in a few hours. Thank goodness she is drinking, keep us all updated.
She may settle and feel better in a few hours. She knows she is safe now, so fingers crossed. :love
She took about 10cc of probiotic and electrolytes. She had been laying down on her side in the bathtub so I repositioned her and she's snoring away. :fl

She woke me up at 12:45 last night with an awful crow. I ran to the bathroom to find her on her side, initially thinking she may be in pain having fallen over she started flapping her wings and cried out. I knelt down beside her and pet her telling her it was ok to go. She just looked at me, her breathing slowed, and she was gone. :hit

She woke me up at 12:45 last night with an awful crow. I ran to the bathroom to find her on her side, initially thinking she may be in pain having fallen over she started flapping her wings and cried out. I knelt down beside her and pet her telling her it was ok to go. She just looked at me, her breathing slowed, and she was gone. :hit
:hugs:hugs
I am so sorry.

I only just read this, and so so sorry, that you lost her. But so glad you was
with her when she passed. Bless her. You could not have done anymore. My
thoughts are with you. At least you will always have the memories you shared
together. :hugs

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom