Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Quote:
Did I inspire you? Now what am I gonna make for dinner?

That you did!! You could do what I did last night, veggie stirfry. I was not feeling well and on top of that was gone most of the day. So I just cut up a bunch of veggies and served it on top of rice I had left over from the night before. DH didn't even notice there wasn,t any meat in it
wink.png

We had hamburgers they were so yummy! I made my buns with the 40 minute hamburger bun/roll recipe.

Here is a picture of my hamburger.......

hamburger.jpg

Quote:
That you did!! You could do what I did last night, veggie stirfry. I was not feeling well and on top of that was gone most of the day. So I just cut up a bunch of veggies and served it on top of rice I had left over from the night before. DH didn't even notice there wasn,t any meat in it
wink.png

We had hamburgers they were so yummy! I made my buns with the 40 minute hamburger bun/roll recipe.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s85/ronnysplymouth/hamburger.jpg

That looks so good! Wow! I ahve been wanting to try that recipe too. Now I have too! We are leaving for the weekend today, I think DH is cooking supper on the grill. We are going camping with his folks. Have a great weekend everyone!!

These are so good...and you bake them in the oven so there's no standing and frying. The first time I made them I thought there was no way they were going to get nice and crisp like the fried ones but I was wrong, they are great.

Beef and Bean Chimichangas
Allrecipes.com

Ingredients
· 1 pound lean ground beef
· 3/4 cup chopped onion
· 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
· 1 cup whole kernel corn
· 1 packet taco seasoning
· 3/4 cup water
· 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
· 8 (12 inch) flour tortillas
· 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
· 2 tablespoons butter, melted
· Shredded lettuce
· 1 tomato, diced

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess grease, and add the onion, bell pepper, taco seasoning, water and corn. Cook until fairly dry, stirring often. Then remove from heat, and set aside.
3. Open the can of beans, and spread a thin layer of beans onto each of the tortillas. Spoon the beef mixture down the center, and then top with as much shredded cheese as you like. Roll up the tortillas, and place them seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Brush the tortillas with melted butter.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Serve with lettuce and tomato.

Quote:
wink.png

Going to have to try these buns soon. We love hamburgers and especially right now with fresh garden tomatoes.

Sandee

Quote:
Don't you just love All Recipes. I use that site all the time. I also have one of their cookbooks. I'm going to try these may be on Sunday thanks for sharing.

Sandee

Yes, I love that site. I love the emails they send out with the recipe of the day. I can't tell you how many times I've been stumped about what to cook for supper and I'd check my emails and there would be a great recipe just waiting for me.

Quote:
Yeah, I love it. They provide you with your own space that you can save your favorite recipes in. They have a lot of other neat stuff that I don't use because I'm too far out in the sticks to get anything but dial-up and it just take too long to mess with.

Quote:

Going to have to try these buns soon. We love hamburgers and especially right now with fresh garden tomatoes.

Sandee

Thank you, thechickenchick! They are really good you guys have to try them. The one thing I don't like is fresh tomatoes.....but I like salsa, I hate ketchup, but I like tomato sauce and even canned diced tomato too but cooked into stuff.
hu.gif
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom