Hi everyone!

Altairsky

Chirping
Mar 25, 2024
Italy
Hello everyone, I'm from italy! I was born in a farm and I grew up with chickens, pigs and cows. Sadly I had to live in a urban area for many years, but now I have good amount of garden and I want a few chickens back.
At the moment I only have 2 hens but I'm planning to add a 3rd hen and a rooster. I'm planning to focus on rare ancient breeds from Venice inland, like Boffa, Polverara, at the moment I only have 2 Robusta Lionata hens. I chose this breed because it should go broody easily but so far no luck.

:frowWelcome to BYC!

Ooh we want to go to Italy so bad!! Such a beautiful place with beautiful food(real Italian food, my great grandparents are from Italy)

I am not sure if you have the breed there, but i have had AMAZING luck with Bantam Cochins if you are wanting broody chickens. Mine go broody about 3 to 4 times a year.

Cant wait to see you around! Enjoy!​

here you go :)
IMG_20240325_151153.jpg

I am not sure if you have the breed there, but i have had AMAZING luck with Bantam Cochins if you are wanting broody chickens. Mine go broody about 3 to 4 times a year.

Cant wait to see you around! Enjoy!​

I'm a fan of large girls, but if I have no success with this breed, I will certainly try bantams (another advantage of bantams is that I can fit more in my chicken pen :D - however my biggest turnoff is that they fly too much and there are too many ugly dogs outside my property!)

Hello everyone, I'm from italy! I was born in a farm and I grew up with chickens, pigs and cows. Sadly I had to live in a urban area for many years, but now I have good amount of garden and I want a few chickens back.
At the moment I only have 2 hens but I'm planning to add a 3rd hen and a rooster. I'm planning to focus on rare ancient breeds from Venice inland, like Boffa, Polverara, at the moment I only have 2 Robusta Lionata hens. I chose this breed because it should go broody easily but so far no luck.
Hi, welcome to BYC! It's nice to have you here. It's awesome you're getting chickens now after living in a chicken-less space for so long. (Chicken-less spaces are the worst)
I love all the breeds you've chosen to focus on. Older breeds are the best and coolest ones!

Back
Top Bottom