Hi! I'm Barnyardmixmom

Barnyardmixmom

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2024
Hi. I've been raising chickens for about seven years. I have a terrible time resisting chicks when I go to the farm store in the spring. I love eating eggs with beautiful orange yolks. I appreciate eating poultry that I know doesn't have anything weird in it. And although I grumble about it, I do like the fact that needing to tend my chickens forces me to get outside even on the coldest winter days. Three years ago I bought an incubator. The thrill of seeing chicks hatch has added a whole new level of enjoyment to my chicken addiction. Looking forward to swapping stories and sharing info with y'all.

These are my 2024 newbies that I incubated, plus 4 sexlink chicks from the farm store that I couldn't resist! They were all hatched in May, and the sexlinks have just started laying cute little beginner eggs.
1000007229.jpg

Attachments

• 20240617_075245.jpg
    20240617_075245.jpg
    862.5 KB · Views: 4
Hiya, and welcome to BYC! :frow

Thanks for sharing the photos! Beautiful chicks you have! :love
I love incubating too. I swore it off a month or two ago until early spring, but got some eggs I couldn't refuse. They've been in 4 days. I am excited, yet done this dozens of times. It just doesn't get old!

Chick Days at the feed store are some of my favorite, too! I hear the cheeping and see those heat lamps and my heart can't resist either! Yours look all cute and happy in their little coop/brooder. Welcome to BackYard Chickens!

Back
Top Bottom