MrsVonDrac

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2022
Hi there,

I don’t have chickens but I do have ducks. It happened by accident really. I had a mama duck nest in a planter box I had. End of June checked on them. Only one baby hatched and couldn’t get out on its own. So I helped them out and off they went with their mama. That was that. She visited every day with this duckling until one night I saw her without them. I went out and walked around the retention pond and found the duckling left alone in shock with a scab on its back. I took them in with the intention of reuniting them with mama. Well this little baby was missing a wing. Something (my guess is a drake) pulled it’s wing off. So I kept them and made sure it healed and didn’t get infected. Couldn’t send them back out into the wild so I found someone looking for a home for a duckling close in age that had lost a foot to a turtle attack. And now I have another duckling from the same mama as my one winged baby who had broken their beak/bill. Which we have patched back into place and hoping it holds.

So that’s how I ended up with 3 Muscovy ducklings.

They are absolutely adorable and sweet. I can’t get enough of the head bobs and tail waggles. I’m hoping we can move to a better location to give them a safer bigger space to roam.

So as for hobbies I like to dabble in lots of hobbies. Drawing, painting, knitting, crochet, sewing and general arts and crafts. Collecting nature treasures is another thing I love to do with my 4 year old daughter.

I am a stay at home mom of one awesome daughter. I’ve been married for 7 years. We have some glow fish tetras and shrimp. That was supposed to be it for us but ducks happened!

And I found this community because it popped up every time I was looking up something about my new feathered friends. I joined so I could actively reach out and communicate with all the people here and share experiences and maybe get advice when needed! Happy to be here!

Attachments

• 46C4B9AE-FAD7-41AD-B494-F3033B1B7627.jpeg
    46C4B9AE-FAD7-41AD-B494-F3033B1B7627.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 11
  • BA640D95-25B2-4A40-B51E-ABBDC11DD4B0.jpeg
    BA640D95-25B2-4A40-B51E-ABBDC11DD4B0.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 552CA61D-1AF3-4BD9-AD1B-756399B424B6.jpeg
    552CA61D-1AF3-4BD9-AD1B-756399B424B6.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 3
  • D5630619-6903-4DE9-8690-8142D8F83D7E.jpeg
    D5630619-6903-4DE9-8690-8142D8F83D7E.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 6F45667F-E259-411D-8848-94E93EECF6CE.jpeg
    6F45667F-E259-411D-8848-94E93EECF6CE.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi there,

I don’t have chickens but I do have ducks. It happened by accident really. I had a mama duck nest in a planter box I had. End of June checked on them. Only one baby hatched and couldn’t get out on its own. So I helped them out and off they went with their mama. That was that. She visited every day with this duckling until one night I saw her without them. I went out and walked around the retention pond and found the duckling left alone in shock with a scab on its back. I took them in with the intention of reuniting them with mama. Well this little baby was missing a wing. Something (my guess is a drake) pulled it’s wing off. So I kept them and made sure it healed and didn’t get infected. Couldn’t send them back out into the wild so I found someone looking for a home for a duckling close in age that had lost a foot to a turtle attack. And now I have another duckling from the same mama as my one winged baby who had broken their beak/bill. Which we have patched back into place and hoping it holds.

So that’s how I ended up with 3 Muscovy ducklings.

They are absolutely adorable and sweet. I can’t get enough of the head bobs and tail waggles. I’m hoping we can move to a better location to give them a safer bigger space to roam.

So as for hobbies I like to dabble in lots of hobbies. Drawing, painting, knitting, crochet, sewing and general arts and crafts. Collecting nature treasures is another thing I love to do with my 4 year old daughter.

I am a stay at home mom of one awesome daughter. I’ve been married for 7 years. We have some glow fish tetras and shrimp. That was supposed to be it for us but ducks happened!

And I found this community because it popped up every time I was looking up something about my new feathered friends. I joined so I could actively reach out and communicate with all the people here and share experiences and maybe get advice when needed! Happy to be here!
Welcome to BYC!! The duck in the photos is so cute! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom