HOLY SMOKES! check out these eggs!!!

Bayhorsebonne is a well known breeder of Black Copper Marans. She is legit. She's even posted on BYC before but other less educated members spazed out over the price. I don't know that she's posted here since.

Quote:
I am sorry! I mis-read your post.
wink.png

yeah i am not bidding either!!! no way, thats too much money. we worked out that i would just pick up some chicks from her. there is absolutely NO WAY i would pay that much for eggs, much less shipped eggs, much less eggs that are hard to hatch anyways!!!

Quote:
they are not from a mold, she is very reputable! the marans color comes from "paint" the hen leaves on the shell of the egg, which can be wiped away with a wet cloth and a good scrub, i am sure that is just a scratch in the "paint"

Quote:
Bayhorsebonne has extremely good quality chickens and is a very well liked and respected breeder, just look up past discussions...I have bought Wheatens from her twice, the first time I had problems with my temps staying stable(I was a complete newbie) and the second time the po destroyed them(lots of floaters and scrambles...She would have gladly replaced them both times but I decided to wait til Spring and order from her again then. She is one of the sweetest breeders I have dealt with, even gave me her ph number in case I needed guidance. I would gladly order from her at any time, her chickens were well into their laying cycle and I still got huge dark brown eggs, not as dark as the picture but still pretty dark. I also like the wheatens more that the black copper. And they are a lot more reasonable.

Quote:
they are not from a mold, she is very reputable! the marans color comes from "paint" the hen leaves on the shell of the egg, which can be wiped away with a wet cloth and a good scrub, i am sure that is just a scratch in the "paint"

Does this happen with many birds? The paint?

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy :

Quote:

Does this happen with many birds? The paint?​

Not sure about chickens but I've had to wipe poo off a few quail eggs and some of the coloring comes off those too. Those are beautiful eggs but definitely out of my price range!

Quote:
That's just a scratch on the surface of one. The color on Marans eggs is just on the surface of the egg, so it's easily marred with scrapes and scratches.

Back
Top Bottom