HorseGirlAbby's flock thread!

Another update! Mo, Ivy, Sue, and Holly turned a year old yesterday! We didn't throw them a party, but they did get lots of leftover oatmeal, which they gorged themselves on. Mo is the shy one. She doesn't like people, but if you move slowly, she'll let you pet her. Holly and Ivy are the exact opposite. If you crouch down and talk to them, they'll run over to you and want a hug. It's so cute! Sue is the least friendly chicken we have. If you flinch, she gallops across the coop and is out in the run before you can blink. If she's in a nest box, you can just forget about getting any eggs out from under her! She'll try to kill you.

Anyway, some old, funny pictures of the chickens. Enjoy!
Dover, wondering if it's the best idea to step into the snow:
IMG_1195.JPG

Are you sure about this? I don't think so.
IMG_1196.JPG

Colleen, caught mid-shake.
IMG_0638.JPG

Another photo of Colleen, jumping out of the coop.
IMG_1208.JPG

Ridiculous Mr. Beard.
IMG_1198.JPG

Peeper is broody. I went out to check on them last night, and she was sitting in a box clucking to her shavings, as I took the eggs earlier. I tried to put her on the roost, but when she saw the nest boxes, she got right back in them. So she ended up spending the night in one, and that's all she needs to become broody. She's so cute when she's in a box, though! She makes little tiny noises and is so soft!
Peeper hanging out:
IMG_1667.JPG

Gidget was jealous, so I had to take a picture of her, too.
IMG_1669.JPG

No one else has gone broody...yet. Baroness and Colleen are trying too, and I think Holly is, too! She's only a year old, and a really good layer. I hope she doesn't go broody!

Peeper is broody. I went out to check on them last night, and she was sitting in a box clucking to her shavings, as I took the eggs earlier. I tried to put her on the roost, but when she saw the nest boxes, she got right back in them. So she ended up spending the night in one, and that's all she needs to become broody. She's so cute when she's in a box, though! She makes little tiny noises and is so soft!
Peeper hanging out:
View attachment 3100030
Gidget was jealous, so I had to take a picture of her, too.
View attachment 3100034
No one else has gone broody...yet. Baroness and Colleen are trying too, and I think Holly is, too! She's only a year old, and a really good layer. I hope she doesn't go broody!
Awwww Pepper is soooooo cute!:love

Back
Top Bottom