Pics
I got a Miniature Horse last Saturday. She's not quite 2. I saw this thread and wanted to share. :) The family was going through a divorce and didn't plan on spending time on her anymore.
She's a very sweet girl and very patient with me as I don't know what I'm doing sometimes. I named her Poppy. The day after I got her I cut her bangs out of her eyes and she was so grateful. :) (Before I cut her bangs, she tried nipping me for touching her face, then I cut her bangs and she instantly let me touch her face and was gentle.)
My uncles and cousins breed/sell horses so if I can't find some information out, I can ask them.
The tiny halter was way too big so my husband put a new hole in it and I cut the ends off and melted them so they wouldn't fray.
My husband said that she still has the winter hair because she wasn't getting the right nutrients, but she has mineral now so I hope she loses the dead hair soon with brushing.
IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

I got a Miniature Horse last Saturday. She's not quite 2. I saw this thread and wanted to share. :) The family was going through a divorce and didn't plan on spending time on her anymore.
She's a very sweet girl and very patient with me as I don't know what I'm doing sometimes. I named her Poppy. The day after I got her I cut her bangs out of her eyes and she was so grateful. :) (Before I cut her bangs, she tried nipping me for touching her face, then I cut her bangs and she instantly let me touch her face and was gentle.)
My uncles and cousins breed/sell horses so if I can't find some information out, I can ask them.
The tiny halter was way too big so my husband put a new hole in it and I cut the ends off and melted them so they wouldn't fray.
My husband said that she still has the winter hair because she wasn't getting the right nutrients, but she has mineral now so I hope she loses the dead hair soon with brushing.
View attachment 3143979
View attachment 3143980
View attachment 3143981
Poppy is ADORABLE!!!!!

View attachment 3143979
View attachment 3143980
View attachment 3143981
She’s so cute!!! Love the pink halter and the new hair do! 😍😍😍❤️❤️

They are trying to hide her poor conformation. She's high in the hip/downhill (draw a straight line from her hip across to the poll of her head and notice her hip is much much higher than the top of her shoulder), she has a weak back (I wouldn't be surprised if she has the start of swayback) and also looks like she could be very cow hocked in the back (notice her hind toes pointing outward and her hocks pointing inward towards each other). The only thing she has going for her is her pretty color and she is nowhere worth 25k.
I wouldnt buy her anyway.

The white guy with his fancy ducks and daisy rain coat is my special guy. He was a gift from my children a few years ago. A Percheron-Welsh cross. Certainly has the Percheron head especially the lips, with Welsh length legs.
Brought this mini home last week to be a companion for the big guy in the background. They bonded really fast and are now never far apart.
Awww. What sweeties.
View attachment 3143979
View attachment 3143980
View attachment 3143981
Cuuuuuuute.

View attachment 3143979
View attachment 3143980
View attachment 3143981
LOL, she looks like she played hairdresser with kinder garden scissors.
Get yourself a pony club manual, or check out the library for grooming tips for unruly manes. there is a way to avoid the home cut look and ease the load of hair!
She is adorable though. Maybe you can find somebody who can teach you both how to drive. as minis are too small for adults to ride.

Back
Top Bottom