Pics
I got a Miniature Horse last Saturday. She's not quite 2. I saw this thread and wanted to share. :) The family was going through a divorce and didn't plan on spending time on her anymore.
She's a very sweet girl and very patient with me as I don't know what I'm doing sometimes. I named her Poppy. The day after I got her I cut her bangs out of her eyes and she was so grateful. :) (Before I cut her bangs, she tried nipping me for touching her face, then I cut her bangs and she instantly let me touch her face and was gentle.)
My uncles and cousins breed/sell horses so if I can't find some information out, I can ask them.
The tiny halter was way too big so my husband put a new hole in it and I cut the ends off and melted them so they wouldn't fray.
My husband said that she still has the winter hair because she wasn't getting the right nutrients, but she has mineral now so I hope she loses the dead hair soon with brushing.
View attachment 3143979
View attachment 3143980
View attachment 3143981
Not bangs, please. It's a forelock. And try to leave it as long as possible, it keeps flies out of her eyes. She's a cutie!

I got a Miniature Horse last Saturday. She's not quite 2. I saw this thread and wanted to share. :) The family was going through a divorce and didn't plan on spending time on her anymore.
She's a very sweet girl and very patient with me as I don't know what I'm doing sometimes. I named her Poppy. The day after I got her I cut her bangs out of her eyes and she was so grateful. :) (Before I cut her bangs, she tried nipping me for touching her face, then I cut her bangs and she instantly let me touch her face and was gentle.)
My uncles and cousins breed/sell horses so if I can't find some information out, I can ask them.
The tiny halter was way too big so my husband put a new hole in it and I cut the ends off and melted them so they wouldn't fray.
My husband said that she still has the winter hair because she wasn't getting the right nutrients, but she has mineral now so I hope she loses the dead hair soon with brushing.
View attachment 3143979
View attachment 3143980
View attachment 3143981
Oh, btw....that ring you have the lead rope on....it should be buckled into the back of the noseband!

Oh, btw....that ring you have the lead rope on....it should be buckled into the back of the noseband!

1655095958932.png

This pic shows where that ring should be. You want your lead rope to attach underneath the horse's jaw. That way you're leading the horse from a safe position, with the horse's head next to your right shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom