How big/small is your town?

We have 932 in our town. 90% dirt roads, one store, 1 church, no police, volunteer fire dept, blinking light and 1 school pre K-5.

I think at the last census we were just a touch over 9500 which surprised me. You wouldn't know it.

We have a small airport (there are a lot of small plane airports around here - must be a big hobby around here), one highschool, one middle school, two elementary schools, and, if I get technical and don't include the town "next door" (they're often joined together when people talk - like sister towns), then we have two stop lights.

I like it
love.gif
. We do wind up travelling for a lot of stuff to the nearby larger town(s) (Costco) but it's lovely to be surrounded by fields of hops, grass seed, corn, etc.

zomg, this thread is alive. :th

Anyhow, I was pretty surprised when I found out how many airports the US has (something like 15,000?)
Our city only has three, one commercial, one military and one for flight training.

I can't begin to count how many schools there are. I think we have about five on this road alone. :lol:

Town of 48,000, has a sister city to the north as well that is the same size. There are 5 large high schools(all over 1800 students), There are 9 Middle Schools and over 20 Elementary schools. I live 5 minutes from the Movies, Super Target, Grocery Store, Walmart, TSC, Home Depot...you name it. They are building a new Costco about a mile from my house as well. It is convenient but also a detriment to my personal health and activity level. Grew up used to being in the wide open spaces, now I have houses within 12 feet of me on either side.
Grew up in/near a town of 1,200. Were only two towns in the whole county. A much different place than where I am now.

2,067 that is about 6 miles away. Our little community is about 20 people. We got 1 church. We had 2, wild fires got 1 and several homes last year.

Our town was 2,104 in 2010.. the city has a total area of 1.4 square miles of which is land and 0.04 square miles of it is water..

Everybody always knows everyone elses business,

We have 1 grocery store and drug store that share the same lot they call it "The mall" hehe.. We have 1 bank, 2 gas stations, 2 schools 1 private and 1 K-12.. Post Office, Hair Salon, 2 Flower Shops,2 Restaurants,1 Bar/Liquor store of course, about 12 churches, 2 antique stores, and few other shops and 1 funeral home and 3 different cemeterys.. No stop lights and I hope we never get any.. Have to drive about an hour either way to get to a Wal-Mart, they have a pamida, runnings fleet and farm store, and dollar store in the neighboring town, about 10 miles away.. I don't think I would like living in a big city.. I like it this way :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom