How cold is too cold for 6 weeks old barred rock chick

Jayfengling

In the Brooder
Feb 14, 2021
Hi chicken friend! I just put 10 barred rock chick in the coop with Easter egger hen today , they doing fine with each other , my only concern is tomorrow night temperature will drop down to 27 degree , will they be ok ? Should I put a heat lamp in 48x36 coop ? Thanks

What temperature have they been living at?
What temperature is expected tonight?
Have they grown feathers all over their whole bodies?

What temperature have they been living at?
What temperature is expected tonight?
Have they grown feathers all over their whole bodies?
They lived at my garage with heat lamp about 60-70 degree ,tonight lowest is 36. Tomorrow lowest 25 , they all feather out except one little spot under the wing is not feathered

They lived at my garage with heat lamp about 60-70 degree ,tonight lowest is 36. Tomorrow lowest 25 , they all feather out except one little spot under the wing is not feathered

I think they should be fine at both temperatures.

The coldest temperature is usually just before the sun comes up--you could go out early tomorrow morning and see how they are doing with 36 degrees. If they're fine then, they should be OK with 25 degrees as well. (And if they're chilly and miserable at 36, you could bring them back to the garage for the next night, which might be easier than setting up a heat lamp and trying to get the temperature right for just one night.)

The coldest temperature is usually just before the sun comes up--you could go out early tomorrow morning and see how they are doing with 36 degrees. If they're fine then, they should be OK with 25 degrees as well. (And if they're chilly and miserable at 36, you could bring them back to the garage for the next night, which might be easier than setting up a heat lamp and trying to get the temperature right for just one night.)
Ok I’ll keep eyes on them tomorrow morning, thanks for your reply, that’s very kind 😀

They were fine last nignt thanks

Attachments

• 3A6E675D-C97C-479E-A73B-A9BF5343217A.jpeg
    3A6E675D-C97C-479E-A73B-A9BF5343217A.jpeg
    869.7 KB · Views: 43

Back
Top Bottom